The History of Will's Fargo

The Will’s building was constructed in the late 1920’s to be a tea room and later served as a Road House located on the “milk run” between Monterey and Tassajara, eventually becoming a dinner house named The Carousel. Will Fay established Will’s Fargo Restaurant in 1959; the name simply a take-off on his first name which seemed appropriate for what he called the “dressed up saloon” interior. With the use of antiques and collectibles, Will merged the gracious aura of a Victorian parlor with a western “Fargo” way station. An evening at Will’s Fargo brings back a bygone era—beginning in the butcher shop where certified hand-picked prime rib and steaks are cut to the diner’s specifications—and offers some of the finest food on the Peninsula.




Will's Fargo is proud to serve the Carmel Valley since 1959.
Dinner: Everyday from 4:30PM till closing